12.08.2008

Day 8 - Scripture Reading

Today's Christmas Countdown was a Scripture reading at SPU's Sacred Sounds of Christmas. May you be blessed.

My soul tells of the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit has rejoiced in God my Saviour;
for He has looked with favor on His servant,
lowly as she is.

From this day forward
all generations will count me blessed,
for the Mighty God has done great things for me.

His name is holy,
His mercy sure from generation to generation
toward those who fear Him.

He has shown the might of His arm,
He has routed the proud and all their schemes;
He has brought down monarchs from their thrones,
and raised on high the lowly.

He has filled the hungry with good things,
and sent the rich away empty.

He has come to the help of Israel His servant,
as He promised to our forefathers;
He has not forgotten to show mercy
to Abraham and His children's children forever.

~Luke 1:46-55

No comments: