12.20.2008

Day 20 - Dancing

Oh how I love to dance. Always have. Never had lessons and always wish I had. However - lack of instruction has never kept me from dancing as though noone was watching. For today:

TOMORROW SHALL BE MY DANCING DAY

Traditional English Carol, 1833; arr. Howard Helvey (b. 1968)

Tomorrow shall be my dancing day
I would my true love did so chance
To see the legend of my play,
To call my true love to my dance:

Sing O my love, O my love, my love, my love;

This have I done for my true love.

Thus was I born of a Virgin pure,

Of her I took fleshly substance;
Thus was I knit to man's nature,
To call my true love to my dance:

In a manger laid and wrapped I was,

So very poor, this was my chance,
Betwixt an ox and a silly poor ass,
To call my true love to my dance.

No comments: