12.15.2008

Christmas Meme

*scroll to next post down for Day 15 of the Christmas sharing*


Melanie at Fruits of the Spirit stopped by and commented on my snow pictures so...I headed over to her blog to read up a bit. I hadn't stopped by since Thankful Thursday. Her post on Saturday was a quick Christmas Meme and I decided to play along. She tagged everyone who wanted to play so...I'm going for it.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Most of the time - Hot Chocolate. I like Egg Nog and have a glass or two now and then but I'd rather have Hot Chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Definitely wraps!!!! He has his own separate paper and everything.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? Colored.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes - but it's fake and it doesn't hang right over a door. Haven't been kissed under it yet.

5. When do you put your decorations up? The Friday & weekend after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing. I love, love, LOVE it and it shows up twice a year (Thanksgiving & Christmas). A close second would be brussel sprouts (yes. I love the little green things)

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? It would have to be when my Nana & Pop-Pop showed up at our house. I loved being around them. Christmas is still wonderful but different since they're gone.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly can't remember. I think I learned because my brother asked - I was probably prepared to believe forever.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Now we do because we spend Christmas Eve at my mother-in-law's house. We never did growing up, though.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With ornaments given to us as we grew up. My grandmother (same Nana mentioned earlier) used to buy us an ornament every year. She bought them from the same woman for years, too. We have very few duplicates. Once I got married, my husband's decorations have been added into the mix. There is no theme but there are a lot of cherished memories hanging on our tree!

11. Snow. Love it or dread it? I DREAD it!!!! Absolutely, positively dread it. I was in a car accident in January, 1990 and you would think after almost 19 years I'd have recovered but... nope. Still panic at the thought of being behind the wheel with snow on the ground - even if the roads are clear.

12. Can you ice skate? No. Tried to learn when I was a kid. Went twice. Never been again.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? There are several over the years but I'll say year before last when oldest son took youngest son and had their pictures done together. The pictures are awesome and that my oldest put such effort into his gift for us.... blew me away.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Reminding others and being reminded that it is the birth of Christ we celebrate. While it is not Scripture normally quoted at Christmastime, Phillipans 2:5-11 says it so eloquently: Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Spritz Cookies!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hi! So glad you decided to join in on the Christmas meme. I had so much fun reading thru your answers!