12.15.2008

Day 15 - From Heaven on High

Words do not describe my amazement every time I think of Jesus giving up all He had and was in Heaven to come to earth and do what He did. It is so humbling I can't hardly raise my head under the weight of it. If you do not know Him, do not pass up the chance to get to know Him. He is life changing, life altering, life affirming, life itself. Nothing compares. I pray you are blessed by these words I have been sharing from Seattle Pacific University's Sacred Sounds of Christmas.

From Heaven on High (From "Von Himmel Hoch")
Music: VON HIMMEL HOCH, Martin Luther (1483-1546)
Setting: Felix Mendelssohn (1809-47)
Text: Martin Luther, translation David Anderson

From heav'n on high to you I come,
I bring good news to ev'ry home;
The joyful news to you I bring,
Thereby I say and now shall sing.

Here is a little child now born

Of tender maiden, so forlorn;
A little child, so sweet and fine,
Who's all our joy and bliss divine.

Praise, hail our God on highest throne,

Who for us gave His only Son!
With joy now sing with angels clear,
And bring to all a glad New Year!

No comments: