8.28.2008

Thankful Thursday

This week. What am I thankful for this week? Since Iris over at Stings My Heart has picked "Random" as her theme this week, here is my list. In no particular order:

1. My guys. First, my husband who spent two days messing with the plumbing under our sink because we have found that, yet again, the previous owners really didn't do things around here with quality and care. Zip ties to hold pipes together? It was an interesting discovery. Son #1 who has picked himself up and dusted himself off a few times in his short life and who ends every phone call or walks out the door saying "love you." I live for that. Son #2 who spent eleven hours with me at our church while I packed backpacks. No complaints, no whining and who did everything asked of him without hesitation. I really can't say enough about that one. He did more than made me proud. My heart about burst when I was praising him in the car on the way home.

2. My job. It may not be a "dream job" to many (and it's not to me, either) but it is a good place to work. My co-workers are awesome people to work with, the pay is great, the hours are good, I've been there so long the vacation is beyond dreamy and on and on the list goes. Absolutely I wish I were a stay-at-home mom, using most of my time for my volunteer work. But I'm not and I won't be for a while (not until I retire) unless God shows us clearly that's what He wants for us and since that is the case, I can't think of anyplace else I'd rather work.

3. My car. I drive a mini-van. I may not need all of that space all that often but if you saw it right now, it's filled with somewhere around 100 backpacks that I need to deliver after work tomorrow. I am thankful that God has provided because this is the volunteering I love to do.

4. My church. A place where the Bible is taught. Our Pastors don't give sermons on "topics." They teach from the Bible. We dive deep into the Scripture and in addition to that, the underlying message is always to not take our relationship with Christ lightly. Do not put off loving Him, learning about Him, drawing close to Him. That message is never in a hellfire and brimstone fashion but always with the knowledge that these leaders, these teachers, love Jesus, they love their brothers and sisters in Christ and do not want to see a single person left in the "lost" line.

There is more. A lot more. Unfortunately, I have to head off to an appointment this morning. My surgery is one week from tomorrow and today is pre-op day. I'm nervous and I'm not. This will be last on my list this morning - I'm grateful I have a doctor I trust, a family to take care of me while I'm under the weather for a few days and that this too shall pass....

Have a gloriously blessed day!


1 comment:

Denise said...

Very nice list of thankfuls.