8.09.2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturdays

First I have to say - there is SO much to learn about posting to blogs. Whew! I'm not sure how this is going to post with the video I've chosen so please forgive me if something doesn't make any sense and it's backwards or upside down or... well.. confuzzled.


I've been spending some time over the last several days just reading through several different blogs and in that time I stumbled onto a blog written by a woman named Amy Wyatt and her blog is called Signs, Miracles, and Wonders. In her blog she has what she calls "Then Sings My Soul Saturdays" and when I read it over it seemed like such a fun idea!


The song I'm sharing is by Casting Crowns (one of the greatest groups ever, in my humble opinion) and it's called Praise You With The Dance. The first time I heard it, I was propelled back in time to high school when I attended Poco (church camp) for a week in the summer and we sang "Lord of the Dance." I loved that song so much I came home and picked it out by ear on my organ. Can't really play anything beyond the simplest of melodies but still...it stayed with me.


That's the nostalgic reason for my love of the song. The biggest reason, though, is that it makes me want to throw my arms up in the air and just Praise God. I want to dance for Him, sing for Him and rejoice in the grace He has given me through Jesus on the cross. The words themselves are so simple but the music...the music carries my soul to heaven and I can just feel the smile it puts on God's heart when I praise Him as loud as I can and dance right along with it. We were created to glorify God, to praise Him always and this song helps me do that with such an outward expression of joy I can't help but play it at least once a day, sometimes more.


So... I hope you enjoy the video. The editing on this is wonderful and I really enjoyed watching it and if you're in a good place, reach your hands toward heaven and dance for God. I bet He smiles on you!

Oh... and before you play the video, scroll to the bottom of my blog and pause my playlist. :)

No comments: