8.02.2008

Saturday Happy Day

Today was a good day. A really good day. It started with me running an errand for Proverbs 31:20 Ministries. Elizabeth headed out of town with her family to California as Alek, her son, is part of the Mill Creek All Stars who recently won the little league State Championship here in Washington and earned themselves a spot in the Regional Championship games. Praying Mill Creek can keep up their incredible winning streak and move onto the Little Leage World Series in PA!


That's the why I was running the errand. The actual errand involved buying sheets, blankets and towels (Elizabeth had already picked up washcloths) for a new transitional home opening in Mill Creek. Six sets of sheets, six blankets, six towels and there works out to be about 36 washcloths. THAT was a crazy deal Elizabeth couldn't pass up but...


I went shopping. Spent a good deal of money that wasn't mine and I LOVED it. I forgot how much fun shopping can be when I don't have to buy clothes for myself. That's what I don't like to shop for, I've decided. Nothing looks good on me but... pretty towels, sheets, blankets and then house doo-dads (of course I looked for me, too - came home with a photo album, a planter, some kitchen washcloths, a few pitchers (for a project I'll hopefully write about later) and a couple of other fun things. I didn't spend a ton of money on us, it was just a few items and the prices were about perfect. Some of this stuff will probably end up in here. Especially the photo album...I haven't done one in years and I can't wait to put this one together.


Later, Aaron & I and headed out to take a look at these pretty cool vintage-looking fans I spotted today. I wanted one for our place and if we had stumbled across two really good ones (each one was different, this was the last of the "wood" looking fans), we were going to get one for Aaron's sister & our soon-to-be-brother-in-law for their wedding. Alas, there was only one Aaron really liked so... we're KEEPING it!

We have decided on a really cool gift for Shandy & Jules. I can't post it now - the wedding isn't until the 10th so.. it'll have to keep. Once that decision was made, we headed off to dinner. Olive Garden two nights in a row. YUM!! After all of that shopping I did today, I was definitely too tired to clean up after Aaron cooked and I think he was too tired to cook so.. going out to dinner really was our only option. :)

To wrap up this practically perfect day, I have to tell you a new record was set. Most folks who know how we play the "slug bug" game will tell you we're weird. 'tis ok, we have fun with it and Christopher grew really strong with his addition & subtraction skills when he was still very young all from adding up those silly cars (based upon our point structure). Our son hasn't grown bored with the game as yet so we still play and we don't start over every time we get back into the car. Our total slug bugs today was 163!!! If only I could have confetti flying and music playing for this... :) It is the highest number of slug bugs we've managed to get in one day - EVER. We were helped a great deal, too, by 6 stink bugs & one stink bug convertible...


The game may be played a bit silly to most people but to hear Christopher squeal with laughter as we break 100 and then broke that 150 mark... It's worth being silly.

So, today I count my blessings and I am just so incredibly grateful to God for all of them. My husband, two sons, three nieces and one nephew (even if all I saw were two nieces today), my sister and brother-in-law, my mother, my sister's/niece's friends, healthy children who can play soccer and run around outside on a beautiful sunny day, the sun, shopping for those who can't shop for themselves, finding a great planter for my house for $4.50, counting slug bugs, vanilla milkshakes, people who cook in restaurants, people who serve in restaurants and people in restaurants who clean up after you, a dog who is just so excited to see us when we come home he can't hardly stand it, a rose bush bigger than me covered in beautiful pink roses in my front yard...


I know I could keep going but I'll end it with the biggest blessing of all... a God who loves me and cares enough for me to bless me in the first place. mmmmmmm... that is the best of all blessings!


Tomorrow the blessings continue...

No comments: