8.21.2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturday - Fields of Grace

This week has been, without a doubt, one of the toughest weeks I've ever had. It started on the Friday before with Freedom Fest. The Coalition I'm a part of manned an information booth on combating human trafficking. The issue itself brings up a lot of emotion for me and add to that 95 degree heat (which to some is no big deal but when your weather generally doesn't get much above 75, it's tough) outside for four hours, it was a bit draining. Also, the only person I talked to in that time was a 9 year old young man who walked up to me, pointed at a sign that referenced human trafficking and said "what's that?" It broke my heart a bit because there I sat talking to a child who is a "favorite" age of traffickers.

You don't want a day to day account, I'm sure so I'll just say that every single day this week was filled with a lot of draining, physical work, late nights and little sleep. Last night I went to bed at 9PM and except for the jolts of poor Aaron (who is still dealing with a lot of pain in his side) waking me up, slept until 7:30 this morning (finally).

The song... the highlight of my week was the summer concert series at my church again. Unfortunately it was a day of incredibly heavy rain so we were inside. I had to leave a bit early because I thought Christopher was going to drop from the stuffiness but Big Daddy Weave graced our stage and sang their hearts out for us, sweat pouring off their faces every moment. They sang this week's choice and I sang my heart out with them and in my mind, I was in that Field just dancing my heart out and Zephaniah 3:17 came pouring into my head. My heart soared to Jesus and I just well.. I just thanked Him that He has given me SO much. I can't complain about work or lack of sleep or a week where I have to spend so much time away from home. I have a job that pays me well, work that keeps me from becoming too lazy of a couch potato, I have a bed to sleep in and I have a home to return to. I absolutely needed that reminder of dancing with my Father God in that Field of Grace. My life isn't about me - it's about glorifying my Father God and that includes doing whatever He asks of me. Nothing will be too great for me as long as I am doing it through Him.

I pray it brings the same thoughts and blessings to you!





3 comments:

Mindy said...

I love Big Daddy Weave! What a blessing to see them perform live!

Susan said...

Hey Bonnie,

I'm so sorry to read what a difficult week you experienced.

I know God saw all you did and was truly pleased.

I pray you are doing better now.

Loved your song, one of my favorites.

Amy Wyatt said...

How cool you got to see them perform. I love this song. It makes me want to dance and clap my hands.