3.24.2010

You've Got Mail

The "blog world" is full of amazing people. Fun, intelligent, hard-working, creative, strong "I wish I could be friends, not just blog reading cyber-acquaintance" type people. I have come across so many of them in the two years since I launched this blog. There isn't a huge readership here and usually this blog works as a catalyst for people to discover my human trafficking blog, Fight4Freedom.

One of those interesting and intelligent people is Deborah at The Fairfield House. Maybe it's because she's in my native New Jersey and the picture of her house reminds me a bit of our house in Clayton (we moved from it when I was 10). Maybe it's the way she writes. She hasn't been blogging for very long and yet her writing has drawn people to her.

She's turned a postcard exchange hosted by Parsley at Seasons of My Mind into a postcard party. If you would like to participate, head on over to see Deborah. Or Parsley. I'm off to find a couple of really good Washington postcards.

They'll probably be pictures of my mountain. It's what convinced me to move here. Or maybe I'll find an Orca or two. Have you ever seen an Orca breech? Ever looked one in the eye being less than 10 feet away from his massivity? It is the most amazing experience I have ever had. There are laws concerning boats & how close they can get to Orcas. However - the Orca is not beholden to our law and when he came up right next to our boat, our captain had no choice but to stay put - no engine, nothing. I feel like if I saw that Orca again, he would know who I was immediately. He stared at me for what felt like hours and I was powerless to look away. Or maybe Pike Place Market. Or the Space Needle. Or the Olympic National Rain Forest...

There is so much to share of where I live. Now if only I could get the same response and end up receiving postcards from across the country and around the world. It would be wonderful fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie -

I have never seen an orca in the wild and certainly not one at that distance! What a thrill that must have been.
I know where Clayton NJ is!
Thank you for your kind comments about my blog and the shout out. Also thank you for participating in the post card exchange! Just wanted to mention that I will be hosting a giveaway for a NJ Themed Box of Goodies once I get a card from each of the 50 states. We are almost there! Everyone who participates will be entered in the giveaway.

Deborah