3.11.2010

Aquarium Party

In my last post I talked about attending the engagement party of a dear friend. The party was held at the Seattle Aquarium and we were so very fortunate to have it to ourselves for the entire evening. Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures of all the Aquarium offers but here are a few shots from the night. I'll let the pictures do the talking.






The octopus was feeling a bit 'sad' that night, we believe. Her eggs had just been 'vacuumed' out of her tank that day. It's too difficult for the Aquarium to take care of baby octopii. Did you know they lay up to 80,000 eggs at a time? Anyhow...she will be released back into the wild shortly, given an opportunity to breed in her natural habitat. The octopus tank is much nicer than just some plexiglass tube and I didn't want you to think they're living in some horrible place. Actually? The octopus is an amazing creature and the more I learn about them the more I want to know...



No comments: