9.19.2008

Beautiful Moon



Tuesday and Wednesday this week we had the moon sitting high in our western sky at 7 in the morning. As I was driving into work on Tuesday I marveled at the sunrise on my back and the moon in front of me. I had to stop and take a few pictures.






I don't often get to see the moon, especially not full, on my way into work. It used to be I had to head east into my office so what I would get would be the sunrise - usually right at eye level. They are incredible and beautiful, with the sky pink and gold as the sun makes its morning appearance. Not that there are tons of them - I do live in Washington State. More gray than sun, usually.

The moon, though, this week was stunning. So clear and white, able to see the outline of craters. I didn't want to come into my office on either day, just sit and watch the moon set for a change.


Hope you enjoy the pictures (the first three are from Tuesday and the second two from Wednesday) and the full moon didn't wreak too much havoc on your week!





Have a blessed Friday.

No comments: