9.04.2010

Yummy and Easy (but beware the side effects)

My husband loves chili cheese dogs. They aren't high on my list of things I want to eat. However. When I found this recipe, I thought I'd please his inner child and see how they turned out.

In a word? Delicious.

You should try to use pretty good hot dogs (we used Oscar Meyer Angus Beef Franks) and as yummy a canned chili as you can find (not that there really is such an animal but...I tried). I went for Nalley's Walla Walla Onion chili with beans.
The recipe calls for 2 cans of chili with beans (but I used 3 - I found one can didn't cover the bottom of the pan very well), flour tortillas, hot dogs and 8 oz. cheddar cheese.

You take a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and cover the bottom with one can of beans. I covered it with a can and a half. Then, you roll each hot dog in a tortilla. I added some of the cheese in there with the hot dog. Place the rolled tortilla, seam down, in the pan on the beans. Then, cover with other can and a half of beans and cheese. Cover the whole pan with aluminium foil, bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and... voila! Heartburn in a pan.

But yummy heartburn.

I served it with a salad so I could feel a *little* bit better about the oh so incredibly NOT healthy dinner I served.

It's fast. It's incredibly easy and really, really good. So...in a hurry? Need a filling meal? Don't mind the potential for ah.. ummm... the beans to create music later in the night? Go for it.

You won't be sorry, that's for sure. (I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I remembered this time!)

No comments: