9.07.2010

Crockpot Chicken Adobo

People who have incredible ideas and then share them always amaze me. I am so grateful to them for sharing and it's one of the biggest draws in blogs (which you are probably already aware). Also, sharing blogs found is one of the great things about having a blog.

That's what I'm doing today with this most recent recipe I tried. Stephanie O'Dea decided to use her crockpot every day for a year. She's had some amazing recipes come from that time and she lets us know how she changed them, whether or not they worked for her family and little tricks to try to make the recipe all it can be. She shares many of those recipes and experiences on her blog, A Year of Slow Cooking.

She's still using her crockpot and has published a cookbook. That's another thing I love about blogs and creative people with amazing ideas. They are often able to capitalize on what they've come up with and to me that is the best of all worlds. People should be able to earn money by doing those things they love.

And so I come to the Chicken Adobo recipe.



It was soooo yummy. The chicken came out tender and juicy with such an amazing flavor, I can't begin to describe. This recipe is, most definitely, not just a keeper but moves to the front of my favorites list.

I will strongly suggest you follow Stephanie's advice in the post: put the chicken together with the marinade the night before. The longer that chicken soaks in all of those awesome ingredients the better.

My sincerest apologies for not having pictures of the finished meal. By the time that time came around, I had guests, study was going to start soon...there wasn't time for the camera. Trust me, though - it was YUMMY!

I'm a huge fan of the crockpot and since we host Bible study here in our home on Thursday evenings, I'm always looking for yummy dinners to try out in the crockpot. We feed a few of our fellow Lifegroup-mates on Thursdays, as well so the crockpot has the added feature of being able to cook for a large amount of people without my having to do a ton of work. It is the best company-server in existence, I think!

I hope you give this recipe a try. Enjoy!





Daily Drop Cap by Jessica Hische

No comments: