3.19.2009

Thankful Thursday



Tuesday brought the news that Natasha Richardson was in critical condition after hitting her head during a ski lesson - on a bunny slope. Wednesday brought the tragic news of her death. At 45.

I don't know Natasha Richardson personally but I've always respected her as an actress. She was very good at what she did and always exuded class and grace. She reminds me of Grace Kelley or Audrey Hepburn that way. Add to that my immense respect for the fact that she and Liam Neeson stayed married for 15 years, raising their sons and loving each other.

What has me thinking and has me grateful this week is just how quickly life can go from great happiness and fun to unthinkable pain and fear. A blink of an eye, a heartbeat and everything has changed. She fell, hit her head and seemed fine for a few hours and then... she's flown from Montreal to New York and gone the next day.

How many people are suffering today - just not publicly? How many are going through their own terrors, their own "hell on earth" without cameras trying to catch a glimpse of their pain to publish for the whole world to see...

Today I am grateful there is a God in heaven who sees ALL of our pain, who aches for all of our pain and does not leave us alone with it.

Today I am grateful He provided us with one another, with community - to enjoy one another during the good times and to pull together, to support one another - during the bad times.

Today I am grateful for prayer. When "all" I can do is pray, I know it's not only all but also the best thing I can do.

Today I am grateful for my family. Each and every individual, all they bring to my life - including the heartaches.

There is just so much to be grateful for in the world around us. Take a minute, check out other Thankful Thursday posts with Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage. Be blessed.

7 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Amen. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Denise said...

Bless you for such a precious post.

bp said...

This is such a wonderful post. I was blessed to read it. Thank you for this perspective and praise God He sees all.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It's amazing how quickly we can go from being on top of the world to scraping bottom. We do need to take stock of what we have and be thankful. We also need to be more compassionate with eachother. We never know what is going on in other people's lives. Great post.

Saleslady371 said...

Good perspective Bonnie! I, too, am counting my blessings today. God is so good.

Angela said...

Beautiful post..I too have been thinking about this actress. She has been heavy upon my heart, and now I am praying for her family...sigh...

Anonymous said...

great post. amen to that. thanks for visiting my TT!