3.12.2009

Thankful Thursday - Epic Story

It's another Thursday, another day to sit back and really think through all of those things for which we are so thankful to God. A few thoughts have been swirling through my head since a conversation I had with my husband last night. It's hard to write exactly what happened without revealing enough for people who know this person to figure out who I'm referring to so all I'm going to say is that my husband told me this person knows the person they were talking about is a good, quality person who has it together and is stable while the person speaking to my husband does not. What I heard inferred was this person does not feel they are a "quality person."

That thought wormed its way into my brain and festered for hours. I'm not sure when it came to me but it struck me that thinking that way not only does harm to oneself but it also insults God. When we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, we stop being "creatures" and become children of God, heirs and co-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:16-18). We are adopted into the most perfect, most amazing family to ever be created. While that family is made up of forgiven sinners and human beings with work to do, God doesn't create junk. (No - this is NOT going to be a "name it and claim it" advocacy post!!) Creation, from its inception, was intended to be perfect. So were people. We deviated it away from that but God is bringing it back. To me, that not only says "quality" but "utmost quality." Our quality may be hidden under a shell of sin but it is there and God is working it out in us. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states: "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" A new creation...perfect in its final form.

All of this comes to me during the night - not only are we "quality people" but we are "of excellent quality" because we are children of the Most High God. Of course, I had misheard my husband... the person was actually saying he knows he does not "have it together" and is not stable - but is working toward that. He doesn't question his quality, though...

Ultimately, it made me thankful for few things today I hadn't thought about in a while.

1. I am thankful that I am a daughter of God. I am so thankful that He has welcomed me into His family and doesn't kick me out when I mess up really bad.

2. I am thankful for all of my brothers and sisters in Christ. For those He has put into my life to "do life together" and those I won't know until we meet in Heaven.

3. I am thankful that we serve a God who does not want to see one of us left behind.

4. I am thankful that God sees me as teachable and doesn't give up on me. Ever.

5. I am thankful for the Bible, the Word of God, which teaches me and encourages me every day.

6. I am thankful for the personality He has given me; the talents and passions and all that He wanted me to have (not material 'stuff') to make me who I am.

7. I am thankful for Thankful Thursdays. It is one of the few reminders I have in my week to slow down and reflect on all who God is. Visit Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage for other Thankful Thursday posts.

Thank you for reading. Be blessed!

5 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

A hearty amen to that! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Saleslady371 said...

I like it that you wrote that we we have a healthy family in the family of God. I'm so thankful to be in His family and I'm thankful for a sister like you. Have a wonderful day. May God bless you in all you do.

Denise said...

God loves you so very much sweetie.

Sue said...

I am thankful to be a member of His family and my desire is to live a life that is well pleasing to Him. Thank you for sharing these wonderful thoughts today!
Blessings,
Sue

Tricia said...

A wonderful post! I too am thankful to be a daughter of God, His child,...

Your post reminded me of one of the days in my Esther study homework this week... we are royalty because we are children of the King! Now that is good!

Blessings!