3.26.2009

Thankful Thursday - Random

Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage has chosen this week's theme to be "random." Random is actually my favorite theme because there is just so much to be thankful for that I allow the thoughts to just pop into my head and then I write them down as they come to me.

So... this week I am thankful for...

1. A busy, family and friend filled schedule. This last week has seen me so occupied I haven't posted a thing to my blog since the last Thankful Thursday post.

2. A woman on the east coast who I would never have met if it hadn't been for the "blog world."

3. A God who is Sovereign and is not surprised by anything that befalls our lives - medical emergencies, housing disasters, heartbreak... He carries it all in His hands.

4. A lovely young woman and her husband and their brand new baby boy. He is such a lovely baby and they are such a sweet, gentle couple. I am thankful for the joy they have with him today and pray it continues for many, many, many years!

5. A God-fearing, loving, wonderful husband. He has today off and doesn't get even the slightest bit ruffled when I add something to his already pretty decent sized to-do list.

6. A couple of wonderful, funny, hard-working and loving sons.

7. A GREAT dog! :)

8. A couple of days off next week, hopefully heading to the beach to enjoy the ocean. Oh how I love the ocean and it has been way too long since I've been there. We can gather sand dollars and white stones, walk the beach for miles and just enjoy time together as a family.

9. A good job. Both of our jobs. I can't tell you how thankful I am for them right now. Especially my husband's, his is in a more precarious position than mine. Working in any type of retail is iffy right now, his store included. Thankful knowing we'll probably be ok for at least one more month and if it's one month at a time right now, it's one month at a time.

10. An amazing Lifegroup. Revelation has proven to be one incredible study! I can't wait for tonight.

11. A cute little house full of comfy furniture and food on the table. I am so grateful for the provision of safe shelter. When so many, not just in our society but around the world, don't have a roof over their head or have any idea where their next meal will come from or when it will come.

12. An amazing group of women at the local shelter. I know I've written about them before but they truly are incredible to me. In the midst of all they are dealing with and trying to get straight, they love, laugh and find happiness in the smallest of things. They offer me a new perspective every time I see them and I live each day in eager anticipation of getting to the next day I get to see them.

I went for a full dozen today. Wasn't hard to do... Head over to Lynn's place for more Thankful Thursday sharing and add your own. We'd love to read you!

5 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Your dozen was a joy to read! The ocean sounds wonderful right now. I'm landlocked in Phoenix. I enjoyed your thankful heart today.

Andrea said...

Bonnie, I enjoyed my visit to your blog and have been blessed by your thankful heart. I was inspired by your post and love for the Lord. Thank you for your encouraging words and for being a woman of God who cares for others. Many blessings to you as you serve Him.

In Christ's Love,

Andrea

Jerralea said...

What an awesome list! I, too, am so thankful for my home, even though it is mighty humble by today's standards. It's paid for, and that is definitely a blessing. Thanks for your wonderful TT dozen!

Laurie Ann said...

I loved your post! #3 was my favorite. :) Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

Denise said...

Such awesome blessings.