11.17.2009

I am a Blubberer, too

Patricia is a wonderful woman I met through Shared Hope International. Talking with her through Shared Hope, I would have never guessed at the amazingness of what she would show me and teach me. Her husband works for Compassion International and because of that, Patricia has been able to travel on a couple of Blogger Trips with them. Most recently she was in El Salvador with Shaun Groves and a few other bloggers and saw firsthand the poverty there, the work Compassion is doing and how much still needs to be done. She traveled to a village devastated by Hurricane Ida and met the people whose lives have been forever altered by one storm. One young man and his family inspired this post. Marco lives in incredible poverty. Incredible is an understatement.

I'm asking you to please take a few minutes and read what Patricia shares. I read it a couple of hours ago and I'm still reeling from it. When you're done reading that, click on this Shaun Groves link and read his post on what happens when a hurricane hits El Salvador.

After you've read them...please click the Compassion button on my sidebar and sponsor a child or donate via their posts directly to the efforts in El Salvador. No child on this planet should be as poor as Marco. What Compassion does to change that is amazing. What children live with when they aren't sponsored is devastating.

We have the power to make a difference - one child at a time.

No comments: