This week, Iris rolled out her new look and new blog title "Grace alone..." It is beautiful! I hope you get a chance to check it out. The topic this week for Thankful Thursday is "random." It is my favorite subject because God is so amazing, so wonderful and so giving it's hard to not thank Him just all over the place.
So...my list this week...
1. I thank You, Lord, for my husband. I know - I did that last week, too but honestly? I thank God for this man every day. Usually 100 times or more in a day. No matter what he didn't put away or what cabinet door he's left open now, I can't think of a better man to spend the rest of my life with. This godly, thoughtful and loving man was given to me by God so I could be his helpmeet. What a wonderful gift God gave me there!!!
2. I thank You, Lord, for the technology we have and the ability to use it to talk about and share You with others. I absolutely love being able to check out blog to blog and see who is saying what, who is going through the same thing I am and how they keep their eyes focused on Jesus when the waves get a little - or a lot - rough.
3. I thank You, Lord, for my job. While I would much rather be out volunteering 24/7, You have me in a place where I have grown, stretched, matured and I am so grateful for it. In these tough times, I thank You, Lord, that I am in a place that is as sure a thing as you can get these days.
4. I thank You, Lord, for my boys. They are so incredibly wonderful, I don't have words.
5. I thank You, Lord, for my dog. Yes. My dog. You remind me, through him, that it is man's job to take care of the earth and all that is living on it. You remind me just how reliant these creatures are on our care and that it is a deep and strong responsibility.
6. Finally, thank You, Lord, for the people You have placed in my life with whom I step out in the battle against human trafficking. Lord, these people have a heart that breaks with the things that break Your heart and I am just so grateful for their strength in You. Their love for You, their focus on You and their willingness to say Yes to You is going to be so powerful and necessary in the fight to come.
Thank You, Lord for my life. For giving me what You have, when You have, for putting me where You have... I love you, Lord and I lift my eyes only to You.
Have a gloriously blessed Thursday!