4.03.2008

Review



Yesterday, Aaron & I had a rare day together where we didn't have to do anything but what we wanted. Christopher is on spring break this week and the only downside is Chris is in Kingston training so he didn't get to join us. He probably wouldn't have, at least not for the Art Museum but then again, who knows. He likes to surprise me a lot and does things I wouldn't expect.

We checked out the Roman Exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum. We went through that exhibit and then saw the Gates of Paradise by Ghiberti. He spent 27 years working on those doors and they were amazing. The Seattle Art Museum has three panels on exhibit plus a full "picture" of the doors when they are completed. The history, the work that went into creating the panels and all that they contain has no other description beyond amazing.

Christopher wandered through the Roman exhibit for about three hours and did so much better than me in the boredom department. I got to the point where I started hurrying myself through the exhibit because as beautiful as everything is, its still room after room after room of white marble or granite carvings and there is only so much of that a person can look at before it becomes redundant (at least if you're me it does!). The history of it all was incredibly interesting and I spent a lot of time reading the descriptions attached to each piece and the information they had explaining the Roman culture.

After the Art Museum (3 1/2 hours on our feet! Worth every minute!!), we headed up to Christopher baseball practice and that was fun to sit through. I didn't think I'd get to any of them, just the games, because they run 4:30 to 5:30 and I'm still at work so it was a treat. Then, we headed over to the local toy store for Christopher and picked up a copy of Disney's Enchanted. If you haven't seen it, see it. It was so much fun to watch.

All in all, a REALLY good day. The pictures I've posted are from the Gates of Paradise, it is the Creation Panel and a picture of Lucilla, one of the Queens (done approximately 2 A.D.) of the Roman Empire. Enjoy!

No comments: