11.06.2010

Saxophone Day

Honestly?  The idea of writing a genuine, insightful or thought-filled post makes me want to cry right now.  I just don't have it in me.  I'm really praying that goes away soon because life isn't going to stop because my mother is ill and I don't want to miss important stuff because I didn't feel like participating.

In the meantime... today, November 6, 2010 is, according to my Oriental Trading Calendar....

Saxophone Day.

When my oldest was in 6th grade, he decided he wanted to learn how to play the saxophone.  One of my saddest days was when he decided he didn't want to play it anymore.  He was a natural.  He picked that thing up and within days he was playing as if he'd been practicing for years.  None of that horrible squeaking that comes with reed instruments, he was smooth and melodic from day one.  I could listen to him play for hours.

He gave up the sax to take up the drums...  Then he gave up the drums and took up singing.  Now, he's learning guitar.  Such musical talent and still, I keep praying he'll gravitate.  Someday.  Back to that saxophone...

It was magic. 

No comments: