5.31.2010

Memorial Day

We take so much for granted in our freedom. We share our opinions whenever and wherever we want - often however we want. We don't stop to think twice about all of those things we can do without planning, asking permission or filling out forms. We send our children to school - public or private, our choice, we worship in the church of our choice, we are free to wear whatever clothing we choose, work where we want to work, live where we want to live...

All of that was paid for dearly. To continue to have those freedoms, day in and day out, a cost is still being paid.

For all of the men and women who have given their life in service to this country, I offer my humblest and deepest appreciation. I take the liberties you fought to give me for granted and I could never have the bravery you had to fight for them the way you did.

I cannot give you your life back but I can - and do - give you the highest respect I can offer. With all that I am, thank you. Thank you for me, for my family and my friends. You fought for an ideal that was your reality and I can never say thank you enough.

Take a moment today to honor and remember those who have given their lives in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard. They did it for all of us.

No comments: