5.17.2010

His Hands and Feet

Spa Night happened. Saturday, May 15th, I and 6 other women hopped into my van and another car and drove about 3 miles from our church. We landed at a cute little house and I can honestly say I have never been inside a house that held such charm. It is a program for victims of domestic violence so I am not going to say very much here except that...knowing what the woman who runs it does, how she loves those she helps, I can't think of a more perfect setting and location for the healing that is taking place there. It is simply beautiful.

As soon as we arrived, though, we hit the ground running. Everyone grabbed stuff out of the van and got to work.

The woman who did facials set this up in the kitchen. Isn't it beautiful? Imagine...being pampered by soft, gentle hands and the love of Jesus while looking out the window or focusing in on those candles. We have no idea what the scent of those candles is but let me tell you..they smelled amazing!

We were able to pamper children, too. Not just Moms. There were 5 kids there, two of them boys and let me tell you - those boys got into it as much as the girls did! They had pedicures and manicures, facials and parrafin wax. Oh... and not one person turned down a massage. Imagine...

We all brought food to share. Mini-cupcakes here but we also had chocolate covered strawberries (hand dipped by one of the women on my team), apple cinnamon pull-apart (made by one of the women who showed up for services... how amazing is that? We show up to bless them and they bless us right back... I LOVE Spa Night!)



Above all, everyone had a wonderful time. New friends were made. Connections - long lasting - were made, too. One of the women on my team will be heading back out there once a month or so to help with yard work, cleaning, etc. How awesome is that? Spa Night reminds me every year of just how we are the hands and feet of Jesus on earth.



The evening meal was being served, and the devil had already prompted Judas Iscariot, son of Simon, to betray Jesus. Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.

He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"

Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet."
Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."

"Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!"

Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean..."

~John 13:2-10


No comments: