4.08.2010

Let's See...

Since October 1st I've:

1. Learned my mother has ovarian cancer. I've watched her go from a peppy, vibrant "young" mom to an older, slower, quieter woman. She's gone through chemo and the cancer is gone but it was tough to watch, tough to see.

2. Seen the difficulties in my family relationships grow more strained. Strained to the point of being snubbed at Thanksgiving and I haven't spent a holiday with family, outside of my husband's, since last Easter.

3. Found out my house needs major electrical repairs AND plumbing fixes. By major electrical repairs I mean there is a good chance we'll have to re-wire our house and the plumbing? Well.. the small pond in the crawl space is not a good thing.

4. Lost a friend - heart failure - at the age of 44, just a few weeks shy of her 45th birthday. A birthday we had plans to celebrate with another friend (who also has an April birthday, all three of us within days of each other).

5. Been dealing with my husband getting laid off from the job he held and has loved for the last seven years.


Above all I know:

1. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. ~ Matthew 28:20b

2. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. ~ Hebrews 4:15

3. No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. ~ 1 Corinthians 10:13

4. Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows. ~ Luke 12:6-7

5. Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. ~ 1 Peter 5:6-9

6. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. ~ John 3:16-17

...and on and on the list goes. Without those above six promises and the thousands more in the Bible, I could not put one foot in front of the other. I could not get out of bed. Right now, while the words above don't completely convey the fear, pain, sorrow and stress, I function only because I put my faith in Jesus, because I trust God works all things to the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28).

I do not know how people do it without Him. I can't. It is to my knees I go and without that option, all would be lost. Of that I am completely certain.

I haven't participated in a LONG time. It's time to start really focusing in on what I have to be thankful for again. So, today I'm linking at Lynn's. Hopefully I take the time every day to focus on my blessings...and take extra time to write about them on Thursdays.

2 comments:

Parsley said...

This post is so real to me. How do people get through the trials of life without a relationship with God? Where do they find their hope? What do they have to look forward to?

Thanks for sharing so I can join you in prayer.

Denise said...

Sweetie, bless your dear heart. Keep clinging to the hem of His garment, never let go. I love you.