This week, Iris has chosen "Basics" as the topic for Thankful Thursday. After spending so many days in the last few months feeling miserable due to one bug after another, I have found there are so many basics I rely on to help me get through. If my list is a bit long I apologize ahead of time - there is just so much to be thankful about these days.
1. I am thankful that the Lord never leaves my side - sick or well.
2. I am thankful for a wonderful husband who, when I am sick, steps in and does not only his work but mine. I started to list it out but it is just such a long list and I would forget something so I'm just going to say I love that man dearly and am oh so thankful he does so much for me without complaint.
3. I am thankful for a comfy bed, big blankets and lots of pillows.
4. I am thankful for ginger ale and English muffins.
5. I am thankful for a dog who knows when I'm ill and stands guard, not satisfied until I can play with him again that I am ok.
6. I am thankful for a wonderful wood insert in our fireplace that keeps our house cozy and warm without the need for a heater.
7. I am thankful for a job that I've had for 16 years, a boss who has been more understanding than I can believe and co-workers who step in to help when I've been too ill to carry on.
8. I am thankful for my mom and my older son - both of whom picked up my younger son from school when I had no idea how I would be able to get him.
9. I am thankful for caring friends who check up on me to make sure I'm doing ok and to see if I need anything.
10. I am thankful for my study on Revelation - it has pulled me deeper into God's Word than I have been in a very long time.
11. I am also incredibly thankful for the blogs I read - most of you don't have a clue I read you but you have brightened my days, given me more ideas than I know what to do with and cheered me up more than I'll ever get to say, I'm sure.
12. Above all - I'll reference back to #1. I am so grateful to God for all that He has done for me through these months of feeling crummy. His timing is always perfect and while I've had to cancel on some things, I believe it's all been within His purpose. What an awesome God I serve.
Hop on over to Grace Alone... and check out other Thankful Thursday posts and above all... be blessed!