10.12.2011

Humbled


What a wonderful surprise I received yesterday when I was scrolling through the blogs I follow and read Melissa's (Made in the South) post.  I am humbled to be listed as one of the 15 blogs she chose to share The Versatile Blogger award with.  Thank you, Melissa.  It's an honor.  I have to admit - I was surprised at first but I haven't been able to ditch the smile it brought. 

The rules of the award are as follows:
1.  Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself.
3.  Send it to 15 other bloggers and let them know you awarded them.

So - first - 7 things about me:

1.  I can often be found in my pj's at 6PM.

2.  I grew up in New Jersey but don't have the accent.

3.  The jewler had to lay me down behind his counter the first time I got my ears pierced.  My mother & grandmother were with me and they were afraid I was going to pass out.

4.  My most favorite dinner in the winter is breakfast (French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage - the works)

5.  I once talked to a prank caller for 2 1/2 hours.  He asked me if I would talk to an "obscene phone caller" and I told him only if he promised not to get obscene.  He asked for my phone number at the end of the call.  I declined to share it with him...but my friends all thought I should get my own 900#.  Clean, of course.

6.  I climbed a mountain when I was 7 months pregnant.  Never saw my father so angry in my life...

7.  When my son was 3 1/2 years old I put him in my Hyundai Excel and drove him from New Jersey to Washington State.  In 3 1/2 days.  He asked my father, when we called him from Montana, if his house was lost.  It was a long ride.

And then, I have to pick 15 bloggers to receive this award.  Hmmmm.... 

Heatheahlee @ Butterfly Genes


Peaches @ Aunt Peaches

Heidi @ The Red Dollar House

Patricia @ Jonesbones5

Kimberly L. Smith @ Life that Matters

Gary @ New Life'n

Deborah @ The Fairfield House

Jenni @ In Him Our Hearts Rejoice

Richella @ Imparting Grace

Leslie @ Pampers, Play Dates and Parties
Stephanie @  A Year of Slow Cooking

i58:10 media

I chose each blog here because I may not always agree with what is written but these people make me think.  Sometimes I'm simply entertained.  Sometimes I'm taught something new.  Other times?  I have to look deep and figure out what do I really believe... and why.  

Thank you again, Melissa.  I'm grateful for the award and for the opportunity to share these 15 bloggers.

No comments: