5.19.2008

Clothing/Blanket Drive

A friend of mine has come up with an awesome idea to hold a gently used or new clothing and blanket (manly, only, please) drive for the Everett Gospel Mission's men's shelter. If you would like to contribute, please let me know.

The biggest need at the men's shelter is jeans. They need as many pairs of them as they can get. Also, since its coming up on summer time, shorts and t-shirts are great, too.

Additionally - blankets. Most of you know about my recent tour of the Mission and how affected I was by the fact that so many of the men sleep under blankets that have cartoon characters on them or the hardest to see was the pink blanket with the daisies on it. So, we'd love to donate comforters or blankets that are a bit more manly. Twin and even "extra long" twin would be great.

If you'd like to contribute, just get in touch with me and I'll figure out a time to pick up your donation.

Thank you!

No comments: