When I started this blog, my idea was to record those things that happen in our life.  I'm not a crafter, I'm not an interior designer and I'm not a brilliant writer.  This isn't a blog to make a living from, it's strictly a journal...I just decided to use a very public forum for said journal.  It's been ok.  I'm not so interesting that I've built a major readership but it did bring a dear friend into my life, a woman I would have never "met" if I didn't blog and that's more than enough for me. 

So...in the spirit of an online journal, I'm going to write about our Sunday.  We finally had a Sunday afternoon we could spend with Aaron's sister & brother-in-law.  They were sick for the boys' birthday party in January and then we were sick for their combined 40th birthday party in March and then Keith in April and my mother in May...  It's been since Christmas since we've seen them for a visit.  Today was a big day.  We were excited.

About 3:20 this afternoon, I was on the phone with a friend when Christopher came into the living room to get me.  He said one word.  Max.  And he pointed.  I could tell...one word, his tone, his face...it was serious.

And it was.  By the time I got out back, the seizure was over but there was foam at Max's mouth and you could see he had no idea what was going on.  I just told my friend on the phone I had to go, hung up, through the phone on the table and ran...  shoes, closing windows, grabbing the remote and opening the van door from the living room.

We headed to his vet's office, guessing it was probably closed and it was so off to an emergency vet hospital we went.  By 3:45 he was being evaluated to make sure he wasn't in serious crisis and when it was determined he wasn't, he were put into a waiting room with him.  We waited almost 45 minutes for the vet to come in which felt like much longer than that but ultimately wasn't too bad.  Max's panting eventually slowed down and even the red around his eyes and the "red" that his tongue & gums became went back to normal.  Except for his lethargy, by the time the vet came in, Max seemed fine. 

So...now it begins.  We pray he doesn't have another one but if he does, we start blood tests and then we hope it's something like hyperthyroidism...not a brain tumor.  In the meantime, Max is sleeping on the floor at my feet and we pray.  Pray he doesn't have a seizure he can't come out of when we're not home.  Pray this was a one-time fluke and he never has another one...  Pray.  Pray because we know everyone, everything has its time but after Keith & Mom, we're not ready for it to be Max's time.  Pray.  And love our puppy.

1 comment:

HeathahLee said...

Oh, Sweetie...what parallels we have! Praying for your family and Max.

Some encouragement...Jonathan had a seizure when he was about a year old, and hasn't had one since. : )