3.12.2011

Costco and a Birthday

Last night while my son was at his sleepover, Aaron and I decided to head out to do some comparison shopping.  See, our Monstrosity (my name for our TV) has been misbehaving lately and it's about time for a replacement.  We've decided to go for it but whew boy...what a decision!  Thank God for husbands who understand electronics because I'd be lost.

While we were out, we stopped by Costco to see what they had and what their prices looked like.  Unfortunately, in getting out of the car, I tripped on...something.  I really have no idea how it happened but I lost my balance and started to fall but also did that fun, very fast, dance-type stuff when you try to catch yourself.  I had parked next to one of those median things, full of trees & bushes, cut back and leafless for the winter but still - a hazardous place.  I almost caught myself, too but then my knee buckled and I went down. 

Of the different ways I could have fallen, I fell the best way.  Fortunately I walked away with nothing more than a few scrapes and bruises.  Big bruises, mind you but just bruises nonetheless.

I am oh so graceful these days.  Not quite sure what my issue is - shoes?  age?  just plain rushing? I'm not sure but I don't think it's medical although if I have another unexplained fall I may have to rule that out for sure.

Today I sit in pain.  My shoulders and neck feel like I've been in a car accident.  I'm on ibuprofen and hot showers.  Right about now I'm wishing our hot tub still worked...

Praying it's only a few days and I go back to normal...

On a much happier note, today is my father's birthday.  I wish him a happy day and wishing we could do something together but that didn't work out this year.  He should, I hope be celebrated in wonderful style, surrounded by people who love him.  I know my hugs and birthday wishes have been sent.  He's 66 today.  Hard to believe, really.  Funny, isn't it?  How people always look to us - he's coming up to 70 but in my mind's eye I still see him in his 30's.

Happy Birthday, Dad.  May there be many more.

With love,

No comments: