11.04.2011

Convicting Thought

I don't know if you Facebook or not or how often you look at your Facebook but lately it seems the big rage is to post a picture of a quote, or a joke or some other cartoon from various people.  Some of them are hilarious, others - not so much.

When I first started seeing these things pop up, posted by almost everyone I know (and a few of them re-posted by me, I admit), this one quote caught my attention and I've been thinking about it ever since:

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?  (source:  voicesforlife.net)

It got me thinking:  How is that for a bit of conviction?  I thank God every day for all He has blessed me with but how often have I been specific? 

So, in the last couple of weeks, I've tried to be more concious not only of the blessings God has given me but how I thank Him for them.  I name them.  I stop when a new one appears and I thank Him immediately. 

I wonder where it will lead.


No comments: