5.24.2011

And The Sign Said...

We called my mother's cousin Harriet last Sunday, within a few hours of my mother's passing.  She lives in New Jersey and so our 4:30 was her 7:30 and with it being Sunday we wanted to catch her before she was off to church.

She took on the responsibility of telling my mother's New Jersey cousins and she did it by driving to each one's church, catching them before or right after their service.

When she got to the church my mother attended growing up, this was what was written on the big church sign out front:

Jesus came to earth and died our death for us
So we could live His life with Him.

A bittersweet reminder that my Mom is well...  and living His life now in heaven instead of here.  It is only that which will carry us through the next several... days... weeks... months... years....

No comments: